I just want to start this post by saying, I feel ripped off. Ripped off because I never got to experience Halloween as a kid. As a 20 something year old Australian born in the 90’s halloween was a weird holiday for me. Well, actually it just didn’t exist outside of Disney and Nickelodeon. Being raised watching American tv shows and halloween re-runs during October left me, and many other kids, wishing Halloween was an Australian holiday.
However, because us kids have grown up we’ve almost brought Halloween into Australia. Of course, being Australian, that basically means we use it as an excuse to dress up and get drunk. But I thought I’d still write a small list of what it’s like if your an Australian who likes Halloween (and really wants it to be a thing).
- Only seeing one or two Halloween decorations in town and getting overly excited
- Constantly having people ask you what day Halloween actually is
- Always listening to the older generation talk about how stupid Halloween is and remind you it’s not Australian
- Being jealous of all the kids that get to go trick or treating now
- Trying to convince your friends to do something for Halloween
- Seriously considering buying the overpriced Halloween pumpkins from Coles
- Watching youtuber vlogs (Zoe Sugg especially) about Halloween and being extremely jealous
And, there we have it. Let me know what you think and if you have anything to add or tell me what Halloween is like in your country!
I’ve been reading everyone’s resolutions for the new year and I’ve decided that I want to share mine too. Not only so I remember them but to hold myself accountable as well.
P.S. I know I’m a week late but I promise I wrote these at 12:01am on the 1st of the 1st.
- Travel more- This is an obvious one for me and is on my list every year.
- Live more- This really just means pushing my fears aside and saying yes more.
- Work towards a career- Honestly, I don’t even know what that career’s going to be. But, as long as I’m working towards something I want to do, I’ll be happy.
- Build a better home- This one’s a bit different and honestly, I don’t even know how to explain it.
So, there we have it folks. Tune in 358 days from now to see how I go.
I really love ‘Facts about me” posts, they’re interesting and I think they’re a great way to get to know who’s blog you’re reading. So let me know what you think about my facts, we might have abit in common…
1. I have 7 pets. 3 rats, 2 dogs and 2 cats
2. I have travelled to Bali and New Zealand
3. I hardly watch movies. Majority of the time someone asks me if I’ve seen a movie the answer is no
4. Currently wondering if I should go see Harry Styles live next year…
5. I’ve been wanting to move to London since I was 17 years old
6. Even though I don’t really believe in horoscopes, I still read my horoscope and horoscope personality descriptions and kinda wish they were real… I’m a scorpio
7. When I was younger I thought it snowed continuously during christmas in the northern hemisphere
8. I’m a very big book worm
9. I enjoy baking cakes but I’m not too fussed on eating cakes
10. I watched too much ‘River Monsters’ and now I’m scared of swimming anywhere but a pool
11. I did AllStar cheerleading throughout high school
12. I was a girl scout when I was a kid
13. I’d rather be hot than cold
14. I love documentaries, especially on serial killers…
15. My favourite food is hot chips (french fries for non Australians)