Sometimes, I find myself thinking about all the things I wish I knew, or, did differently when I was about 16 years old. So, here’s a list of them. But first let’s start with a comparison. Here’s a photo of me now:
and below is a photo of me aged 16 at my school formal: She may look similar but she’s a completely different gal to the one in the top pic. You can just tell, she’s so naive about the world. Here’s the shit I wish I had of known.
- School is so easy. Yes, it’s so boring and it’s the same routine for an entire year but, damn, a 6 hour day with 2 lunches is bliss.
- Please stop doing cheerleading. Honestly, you’re not very good at it. You’re much better at more traditional sports like netball and soccer.
- For the love of God, pleeeeaseeee start saving your money. Seriously, at the least just save up enough to buy a decent car.
- Which reminds me, yes, mum’s crazy when you’re learning to drive but just get your license ASAP.
- Dump that twit of a boyfriend, he aint worth the time.
- Start practicing make up now. It’s a lot easier to experiment and make mistakes with your make up as a kid opposed to a young adult.
- Start the YouTube channel. You’re 22 and you still haven’t done it.
- This is a big one. TAKE A GAP YEAR. Yes, you feel like the right step after school is to go to university but do not do it. Rachel, you don’t want to be a nurse.
- Please stop feeling like you don’t fit in. Most of it is in your head and you’ll meet a lot more people outside of school. They’ll get you.
I think that’s just about it. What kind of things would you tell yourself if you had the chance?